Family AND Fitness

I've been on and off the fitness wagon, using my kids as an excuse every time I've hopped off.  I simply can't afford to be making excuses.  But I also can't allow fitness to creep in and steal my time with the Lord.  There seems to be only one solution:  get the family involved.

So that is the plan and it starts today.  I'm determined to get back into running and that is something I will occasionally do on my own or with just my oldest son.  But aside from that, I have every intention of getting my family to move...both through the Word  and physical activity.

We are beginning a 6 month Bible reading plan today.  This is faster paced but is an excellent way to familiarize with the books of the Bible to aide in deeper study later.  We are also going to be focusing more on Scripture memorization.

Here is the plan for today:

Bible Reading:  Genesis 1-6

Character Focus in Family Worship:  Faithfulness (we'll be reading a chapter of Proverbs each day and discussing)

Memory Verse:  Psalm 1: 1-3

Fitness Plan:  Run 3 miles (with my 15yo son as my partner)

  Everyone>  {You can google any of the exercises below that you aren't familiar with}

                      30 pushups, divided into sets of 10
                      30 crunches, divided into 2 sets of 15
                      10 burpees
                      1 minute of "booty" kicks
                      1 minute of mountain climbers
                      Evening walk of at least two miles, toddlers to walk/ride
 

No comments:

 photo fitcomment_zps4ac7b7a1.png

Post a Comment

Your comments are a valued part of this community. Each and every one is read and, in most cases, responded to. Feel free to jump in and offer an encouraging word to another who has shared a thought or question.

 photo commentembed_zpsa9a663cf.png