Identifiying your addictions


Most all of us struggle with addiction in one form or another. Some battle the pull of the bottle or the call of nicotine.  Others are drawn hard to the electronic age this world is drowning in.

And others battle cravings.  To sugar, caffeine, chocolate, FOOD.

My name is Kasey and I am addicted to Coke. (coca-cola, that is.)

There, it's out.  This has been a life-long addiction for me and it's perfectly ridiculous.  I have broken the habit more times than I can possibly count.  Which means I have also backslidden just as many times.

Why?  How is it possible that a fizzy brown liquid in a shiny red can could turn me into a powerless ragdoll?

I can't explain the science behind addiction, I only know the power it wields over it's unfortunate victims.  And I know that the answer is not in simply accepting our vices.  It is in conquering them.

This morning.  And then again this afternoon.  And this evening.  Only to conquer them again tomorrow.

Victory isn't always a one time event.  In this case, it is ongoing. Day in and day out, we must CHOOSE to tap into the super-power God has blessed us with:  the power of the will.  Exert your will for good and He will always meet you where you're weak.  ALWAYS.

But as soon as you start choosing to ignore the small voice encouraging you to make good choices, help of another kind shows up with guns blazing.  And those guns are pointed straight at you!

Today, identify your addictions, your weaknesses and your harmful cravings.  But more importantly, re-introduce yourself to the blessed gift of Willpower.  Coupled with prayer, it is a force to be reckoned with that will find victory every single time!

What do you struggle with?




Linked up with:  Growing Home, Jill's Home Remedies, Little Natural Cottage, The Modest Mom

4 comments:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my web blog; virtualrides.za.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can link your FB and Twitter accounts together. It is a simple process that you find instructions for on either outlet.

      Delete
  2. Kasey this post hit me hard! I have realized I have a sugar addiction and I have been trying to figure out the best way to deal with it (cold turkey? a daily/weekly rule?, etc). Glad to be apart of this great new community you've started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is me, Stephanie! I'm sort of an all or nothing girl so I have trouble setting boundaries for myself. It's either cold turkey for me or I fall flat on my face before the first day is over! So glad to have you here!

      Delete

Your comments are a valued part of this community. Each and every one is read and, in most cases, responded to. Feel free to jump in and offer an encouraging word to another who has shared a thought or question.

 photo commentembed_zpsa9a663cf.png